Saturday, October 2, 2010


Well, I've done it again. Unable to keep up with my SL shopping habit I have created another Gorean themed outfit in hopes to draw in a little income. This time I have attempted a camisk which was a whole new set of lessons learned! Yes, I have entered the world of attempting clothing layers instead of just texturing sculpted prims. With the help of my very good friend Rowan Carrol I have used not only texturing techniques but “baking” and added a few wrinkles as well. Since I am a woman who likes options I have created this basic Butterfly camisk in six different base pastel colors: Red, Orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. I know what you are saying: Hooray, the girl is familiar with the rainbow. Well I am, and if you've never seen an outfit you liked but they didn't haven't in the color you wanted than you may not be picky enough.

So, a few features that make my simple design here something to write home about. Have you ever had two prims that were alpha textures cancel each other out? It causes this weird shadow effect that is rather irritating in my opinion.. so to prevent that from being an issue, the butterflies featured on my design are 5 prim object with no alphas, the wing textures were created in photoshop using a gradient tool and a stained glass texture.

The camisk pattern was drawn free hand which is a minor miracle all in of itself as I have very shaky hands but for a first time clothing layer creation I'd say it turned out very well. I won't bore you any more now.. I know this is a rather spring like offering, I promise my next creation will be more fall appropriate. Perhaps something with autumn leaves...


No comments:

Post a Comment